Please Note: The views and opinions included in this blog are those of the author and do not represent & should not be attributed to: The Corporation of National Community Service, AmeriCorps/AmeriCorps VISTA, the Ohio Association of Second Harvest Foodbanks, or The Benefit Bank.

Nov 17, 2010

Anything to help the local foodbank, right?

I like to think that I am willing to support any cause that is valid and is something that I am or could be interested in. Case in point: Bar Stool Open for Second Harvest Foodbank of Clark, Champaign, and Logan Counties. Who ever thought a bar crawl for a foodbank was a thing? Although I did not actually partake in the drinking part, I totally participated in the put-put portion!!! Every stop had a different theme, different food, and almost a different crowd (most of the time we saw the same people all day). It really was a complete blast and I am pretty sure there are already talks of planning for next year. I only wish we could have been a little more prepared. Why would you need your own putter & golf ball for a golf outing? What a ridiculous idea! Oops. Again, we will be better planned for next year! Bring it on Springfield, you can't take down Team SAS two years in a row! Yeah, so the name could use some work too...maybe C-Bus Crew? That seemed like a good one...after we started...Here are a few pictures from some of our favorite stops...

Home Bar = Casino!
Team SAS! What rockstars!
I got a Hole In One at this stop!!
We may or may not have "pretended" at this stop...there was no one else in the bar & we could only find a putter that someone had accidentally left behind...oops again...
We had some great fans to keep us going...Elvis, Marilyn, & Dean!


No comments:

Post a Comment